Monday, June 7, 2010

Clint Kobaba

When I lived in Craig, there was one kid I really hated. It was juvenile really...but in my defense: I was only a 4th grader. I didn't really like my name as a kid. It was a pretty unusual name. I just wanted to be something common like Jim or Bob. But NO, I was Clint. And the only other person in town (that I knew) whose name was Clint...was a kid named Clint Kobaba. He was probably an alright kid, except that he had the same name as me, and we saw him as a little doofie. ( Like I was Mr. Cool! ) He couldn't even give the bird right. Like that was some big 4th grade right of passage.

I hated Clint Kobaba. In reality for no good reason other than our names were the same. And he had greasy slicked back hair, and he couldn't give the bird right, and, well, yes, he was actually a little doofie. So why did the only other kid in town with the same name as me have to be doofie??

Now I can sit here and wonder...did he feel the same way about me???

No comments:

Post a Comment