Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Super Sport




The other day on a trip to town we encountered a Chevrolet Super Sport (SS) 396. It was right ahead of us in traffic. It was cherry red, with the paint and chrome both immaculately polished. It had the wide rear wheels with nice polished chrome rims. Complete with dual exhaust, it had a nice growl as the engine revved at the stoplight. It was a beautiful sight, and it was well loved by its owner right down to the 'classic vehicle' license plate on the rear bumper.

Of course, I did what any red blooded American man would do and I uttered the words, "Nice Car!"

My 15 year old daughter who was in the back seat has little appreciation for the history of the automobile, or any history for that matter. She replied, "What are you talking about? That car is ugly!"

The paramedics were able to revive me, though not without some difficulty. I truly owe them for their medical prowess and expertise.

I'm just thankful that my best friend in Montana was not in the vehicle at the time...for no medical gadget the paramedics possessed would have been able to save him.

No comments:

Post a Comment